Tokusatsu Gagaga (2019) - First impressions


Drama: Tokusatsu Gagaga
Romaji: Tokusatsu Gagaga
Japanese: トクサツガガガ
Director: So Suenaga, Shinzo Nitta
Actors: Fuka Koshiba, Kana Kurashina, Haruka Kinami, Yuki Morinaga, Rena Takeda
Writer: Niwa Tanba (manga), Shigenori Tanabe 


Are you a fan of Tokusatsu or maybe you are a closet fan of a fandom like anime or kpop by chance then if that's the case you would definitely love and be able to related to this drama.

Tokusatsu Gagaga is adapted from a manga of the same name and I've been following this manga so I knew it's just a matter of time for it to get an anime adaptation. I actually was a bit surprised when it gets live action drama adaptation instead but when I watched that first episode I understand why they choose to adapt it to a drama than anime as the plot and setting would work best in a Live action format. It wouldn't have been as effective and relatable if they had adapted it into anime since it's better to see real people acting than anime characters.





The story is revolves around Kano Nakamura, an office worker who is kind of likable at her work; co workers admire her and they always go out with her like usual friends. But the truth is she is looking for a friend who shares the same passion (Tokusatsu). She is a closet Tokusatsu fan and she fears they would find that out about her. She even sneaking around town just to get capsule toys for her favorite show and go to karaoke alone to sing her favorite Tokusatsu song. This is so relatable since I'd been a closet otaku myself and I also was afraid my friends would treat me differently if they found out I enjoy watching anime, collect anime figures and love anime songs, in short anime otaku.


This is dorama-ish like your typical Japanese drama pacing and acting so don't be surprised to see overacting here, though overacting not in a bad way since the main character is so fun to watch. The ending at episode one is one of the best ending too, that foreshadowing is so badass and with an amazing ending song.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Student-Teacher Romance Japanese Dramas/Movies

Cursed In Love Review

Best Japanese Dramas of 2020